Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Glimmer Doily Ornaments

Enough fabric already! These Doily Ornaments are easy to make with the Big Shot.

I used Sizzlits dies to cut a variety of doilies from card stock. The Glimmer Paper was cut with Bigz dies and the large Scallop punch. Then, I enjoyed a movie while gluing and embellishing with buttons, brads and jewels.

Spoiler Alert! That gorgeous brad in the middle is from the new Spring Catty. I couldn't resist using them when my pre-order arrived. They're actually silver, so I changed them with VersaMark and Gold embossing powder. I'll show you how in my next post.



Supplies
Paper
-Whisper White card stock 100730
-Very Vanilla card stock 101650
-Champagne Glimmer paper 127885
Tools
-Big Shot 113439
-Paper Doily Sizzlit L 125592
-Delicate Doilies Sizzlits L 126999
-Scallop Circle Bigz 113468
-Perfect Pennants Bigz L 123126
Accessories
-Antique brads 117273
-Basics Glimmer brads 121003
-Rhinestone Basic Jewels 119246
-Pearl Basic Jewels 19247
-Large Pearl Basic Jewels 125577
-Vintage Faceted buttons 127555
-Multi-purpose Liquid Glue 110755

2 comments:

Mimi Hornberger said...

These are so beautiful. I love the doily die and would love to make some of these. However, I have such a hard time getting a good cut from that die. Do you have any tips or hints that can make it easier for me? I have the tape on my die but don't have any other ideas. HELP!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Mimi Hornberger
stampinwithmimi@hotmail.com

Cheryl Garratt said...

My die cuts well, but I had a customer whose die would not cut through paper in a certain area, so I returned it for her. The next one cut perfectly. When I'm cutting thicker stock I sometimes "draw" my piercing tool around the cut lines on the back of the card stock to help cut all the way through, but that takes a lot of time.