Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ink Techniques: Baby Wipe

Make a multi-coloured ink pad with a Baby Wipe and re-inkers!

Choose colours that blend well together because they're going to mix. Then, ink your stamp or swipe some card stock to make plaid.










 Fold a Baby Wipe in quarters and place it on a plastic surface. I used a page protector.

Use re-inkers to add colours. Use colours that will look good blended together.
 Ink an image and stamp.
 I made a background paper with a watercolour leaf image.
 When you're done stamping, you can fold the Baby Wipe and swipe it on card stock. Turn the card stock and swipe again to make plaid.

Use some rubber gloves to protect your hands! I wish I had.

I used a leaf outline image on my plaid and cut out the leaves.






Supplies
Stamps
-Gently Falling 123802
-Upsy Daisy 111710
Ink
-Cherry Cobbler refill 119788
-Cajun Craze refill 119790
-More Mustard refill 101962
-Old Olive refill 100531
-Soft Suede pad 115657
Paper
-So Saffron card stock
-More Mustard card stock
Accessories
-Cherry Cobbler Quilted ribbon 124105
-Brights Designer buttons 119747
-linen thread 104199
-glue dots 103683
-Baby Wipe

I used the Baby Wipe technique on this card, too.

Check out my Workshops Page by clicking on the tab above or on this link.

2 comments:

Sherri Gamblin said...

Those are awesome Cheryl. Inky fingers are a sign of a good time.

So, for a good time, call Cheryl!

Awesome cards!

Lori Sutton said...

This fall card is just beautiful. Great instructions on the creation. I can feel Fall from here by looking at your card. Thanks for sharing.
Lori