Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Paper Pumpkin Playdates

The July Paper Pumpkin kit arrived and I was so impressed with the amount of product it holds as well as the quality! So, I launched Paper Pumpkin Playdates! (PPP for short!)

Join PPP by subscribing to My Paper Pumpkin before the 10th of the month via the link in the left column. It's $24.95 a month including shipping. Your kit will ship directly to you in about a week. When I get mine, I'll be working on alternative projects using the kit contents plus other Stampin' Up! products. Then, on the last Monday night of the month we'll get together and create. I'll supply the extra materials for you to make my projects or you can choose to make the projects as they are from the kit. The fun part is getting together and creating! Oh yeah, and snacking.

Here are the projects I created with the July Wish Big kit. It contains: a set of photopolymer stamps and ink spot, 6 cards and envelopes, 6 printed gift boxes, 12 tags, 3 sheets of stickers, a sheet of die cut foil stars, a spool of ribbon, and Baker's twine. By using some extra tools and supplies I was able to create so much more!

I made the top card with just the contents of the kit. The card directly below is a stepped up version using some extra products and design techniques.
Again, the top card is a simple version from the kit and the bottom card is a stepped up version.














.
The party theme inspired these projects.

-cut a card base in half to make 2 place cards










I used 4 of the tags and some extra products to make this banner. Attach it to bamboo skewers and suspend it over a cake.






Punch a circle in the top of a gift box and trim the inside flaps so that the top of a treat bag pokes out the top.

I stamped the purple stripes with VersaMark and heat embossed the stars with Silver embossing powder.













Use the Big Shot and Bigz Gift Bow die to cut Silver foil card stock














To make a bigger box, I cut the top off and inserted a section of scored Window Sheet. The adhesive strips are left over from one of the sticker sheets in the kit.












I used tags like those on the boxes on some cards.


















All those star embellishments got me thinking about magic, which inspired some mechanism cards.

Pull on the ribbons and this card opens into a banner! (see next photo)








Before putting this card in its envelope, turn the heart around several times to twist the twine. When the card is opened the heart will spin!

I used another stamp set for the sentiment.



Use framelits to cut out the circle in the card front and mat. Adhere 2 stamped heart stickers together over a length of twine and adhere the ends of the twine between the mat and the card front.
I had lots of heart stickers left, so I made this card.
















Another star sticker design.


Don't forget to sign up from my link before August 10th to get the next kit!

No comments: