Friday, July 23, 2010

Vellum Techniques: Vellum Overlay

Vellum is a translucent paper that creates a dreamy effect on paper crafts. I have never found a truly invisible adhesive, so I usually find a way to conceal the adhesive in my design.

Stampin' Up! carries regular vellum and a heavier card stock vellum. Both are useful for different effects. You can also find coloured and printed vellum.


Simply covering a stamped mat with vellum softens the image. On this sample I coloured the images with markers and stamped on card stock.

Next, I stamped a sentiment on vellum card stock and used a marker on the underside to highlight a key word. Try it with your journaling on a scrap book page.

The adhesive is hidden under the ribbon and the rhinestone brad helps hold the vellum down.

Supplies
Stamps
-Just Believe 116948 IBC p. 109
Paper IBC pp. 165-170
-Pink Pirouette card stock
-Regal Rose card stock
-Pretty in Pink card stock
-Vellum card stock
Ink IBC pp. 165-169
-Pretty in Pink marker
-Regal Rose marker
-Rose Red marker and pad
-River Rock pad
-Old Olive marker
-Always Artichoke marker
Accessories
-Old Olive 3/8 in. taffeta ribbon 119767 IBC p. 191
-Square Ice brads 109113 IBC p. 187
Tools
-Stamp-a-ma-jig 101049 IBC p. 198

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I'm expecting vellum cs with my SU order today... Can't wait to try your vellum techniques! Thanks again!!